Sardines doesn’t always sound appealing because of it’s fishy smell and some were just tired of eating it. However, I’ve made a twist to that dish to make you love it.
In this recipe, I’ve added a few ingredients to add more flavor to the sardines while eliminating its fishy smell. This would cost less, so it would really fit your budget.
– I can of 155g Sardines
– 1 pc. egg
– 1/2 bulb of medium sized onion (minced)
– 1/2 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 cup edible oil
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tsp. sugar
– 2 tbps. soy sauce
– 2 tbps. vinegar
– 1 pc. garlic (minced)
1. Separate the sardines from its sauce.
2. Mix the sardines, the minced onions, the salt, the flour and the egg together. Mashed the ingredients to create a unique flavor.
3. Preheat the oil for about 30 seconds.
4. Divide the sardines mixture according to your preferred sizes. Normally, 155g of sardines can make seven to nine loaves.
5. Fry the mixture into a flat circular shape.
6. Wait until the patties turn golden brown.
7. On a separate pan, saute the minced garlic until golden brown.
8. Pour the sardines sauce to the pan.
9. Add the water, the soy sauce, the vinegar and the sugar.
10. Put the fried patty.
11. Season and garnish according to your taste preference.